COVID-19 (coronavirus) Information
Thank you for choosing our office for your oral surgery needs and trusting us with your care. We encourage you to contact our office for more detailed information regarding our office and your specific treatment. Please note you are required to fill out your registration forms prior to your visit; this is located under the patient information tab. By completing this form online, it will help us to utilize your time more efficiently in our office.
Our office is conveniently located at 1150 Civic Drive, Suite #101, between Ygnacio Valley Road and Arroyo Way near downtown Walnut Creek. Our free parking lot is on the corner of Civic Drive and Arroyo Way, with the driveway opening to Arroyo Way. There is a staircase to come up to the sidewalk level of Civic Drive. We also have metered parking available just outside our front doors if you are unable to use the staircase.
Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
Patient Safety Measures
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- Patients will wait in car upon arrival and call to check in for appointment before coming into the office.
- Patients will be required to wear a mask upon entry.
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed in the office. We ask that all others to wait in the car and our team members will communicate via phone. Exceptions will be made for minors and essential caregivers and all will be required to wear a mask.
- Essential caregivers and parents of minors will need to maintain social distancing in reception area.
- Magazines will no longer be provided in reception area to prevent transfer of germs.
- Patients will answer screening questionnaires upon entry.
- Patients will have temperature recorded upon entering the office.
- Patients will immediately use the hand sanitizer provided upon arrival.
- Patients will be asked to pre-rinse with an oral anti-microbial to reduce exposure to germs.
- Patient will be asked to make payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Tele-dentistry services will be provided for follow up lab reports or communication that be done online or through video education.
Team Safety Measures
- Our front desk will have clear barriers in place.
- Face masks will be worn by our team.
- Our team members will have temperature recorded upon entry.
- There will be hand sanitizing stations throughout our office.
- Increased efforts to disinfect common surfaces and touch points routinely throughout the day.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Continuous HEPA 13 air filters in treatment rooms and throughout the office to remove germs from circulating in the air and improve air quality.
- Increased PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for our clinical team which may include surgical or (K)N95 masks, face shields, gowns and caps to provide barriers against germs.
- We use defoggers in our office which contain Hypochlorous Acid and kills virus on contact.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched continuously.