At Ali Alijanian, DDS, we want to ensure your safety by taking extra measures to limit the spread of illness. Our oral surgeon and team always use personal protective equipment (PPE), but we have installed additional protocols in the wake of COVID-19. Dr. Ali Alijanian wants you to be well and taken care of during your appointment with us and asks that you call 925-934-7888 if you have any questions regarding these new guidelines.
Patient Safety Measures
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed into the office during their appointed time.
- Patients will wait in their car upon arrival and call our front desk to check in for their appointment.
- All others will be required to wait in the car, with the exception of minors with their parental guardians. Parents are required to practice social distancing in our reception area.
- No magazines will be provided in our reception area to avoid transferring germs.
- All individuals are required to wear protective masks upon entering.
- Patients are required to use the hand sanitizer station provided, have their temperature taken and answer a screening questionnaire.
- We have personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to our treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- Patients will be asked to prerinse with an oral antimicrobial to reduce exposure to mouth germs.
- Patients will be asked to make payment arrangements in advance to allow a contactless exit from their appointment.
- We provide teledentistry through video chat regarding follow-up communication and lab reports.
Team Safety Measures
- Each team member will be required to wear a mask at all times and to have their temperature recorded upon entry.
- Our clinical team wears increased PPE, like surgical masks, face shields, gowns and caps.
- There will be hand sanitizing stations throughout our office.
- There will be clear barriers at our front desk.
- Efforts to disinfect surfaces and touch points will be practiced throughout the day.
- Operatory equipment will be thoroughly disinfected on all surfaces between patients.
- Continuous HEPA-13 air filters throughout our office help to improve air quality by removing germs from circulating in the air.
- We use defoggers with hypochlorous acid that kills viruses on contact.
- We have enhanced disinfection procedures for equipment and touch points every night.
If you have any concerns, please contact our dental practice in Walnut Creek, California.